To meet our evolving customer needs, we are developing smarter, more flexible network solutions to help mitigate the need for traditional reinforcement and reduce costs for our customers.
We recognise that resources connected to our networks could provide services to assist in key areas that have specific challenges during periods of network constraint.
So we are exploring markets for flexibility with new and existing customers who are able and willing to control how much they generate or who can control their demand.
- Reduce the need in some areas for costly, traditional reinforcement.
- Allow consumers to capitalise on the opportunities arising from a transition to a smarter grid and participate in the low carbon future.
- Assist Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) to transition to Distribution System Operators (DSOs) allowing us to plan and operate our networks more dynamically to meet changing customer needs.
We will look to procure Flexibility Services through competitive tenders where possible.
Responses from Flexibility providers will be used to:
- Identify the availability of flexibility resources in specific areas where flexibility could benefit the network
- Understand the capabilities and restrictions of these resources
- Evaluate the viability of using flexibility to meet network requirements.
Have a question? Get in touch
For more information please visit the flexibility pages on our main business website, here.